July 8, 2014

Gloucester, MA. July 2013


I love blue hydrangeas. When my landscaper friend Nancy was coming up with plants for my Watertown, MA, backyard, I wanted hydrangea. She questioned my choice of blue, wondering if it would be “too Italian.” (Nancy is Italian American herself.) Bring it on, Nancy! And now, every summer, I revel in the glory of these blue blossoms, beautiful enough for a wedding bouquet.  Even an Italian one. (Today marks the one-year wedding anniversaries of both our friends Roberto and Marco...and Jay and me.)

3 comments:

  1. Mazel Tov, Sandy and Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydrangeas are especially beautiful in a green-glass vase. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "too Italian" surely you jest. How can there ever be too much Italian? Not enough Italian, I say
    Peter M

    ReplyDelete