July 26, 2014

Rome. October, 2011


What a treat it was for me to introduce Jay to Pizzeria da Pasquale, home of my favorite potato pizza in Rome. When I lived nearby in 1984, 1986 and 1988, I was a regular customer, selecting pizza a taglio (pieces cut to order, charged by weight) from whatever kinds were on offer. Seen here on the right: potato and zucchini in the back, sausage in the front. On the left: an assortment of stuffed pizze (crusts on top and bottom; filling in between.) Of course, for Jay’s first visit, we had a rich assortment.

1 comment:

  1. "No matter what happens ... there will always be potato pizza." I remember those words of wisdom from you amidst wailing and gnashing of teeth by other staff members over funding cutbacks and layoffs at WGBH. During the course of many similar crises over the succeeding years, I have always remembered your words of wisdom ... and they have always brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete